Sunday, October 25, 2009

What do these eyes see?

~~
"The eyes are the windows to your soul." Who said that?
When I meet people, the first thing I usually notice about them are their
EYES.

I envy those who have colored eyes. Mine are boring brown.
Sometimes they are really dark
BROWN.

The eyes below... yes, they belong to my daughter.
They are beautiful Green, Blue and Hazel.
"Where does she get them?" is the the most common question I get. Her sister has beautiful Sky Blue eyes. Yes, I envy both of my girls eyes.

Well, their dad has Green eyes and all of his maternal side has Blue eyes. On my side (complicated story), my biological father has Bright Blue eyes. Apparently, I have an ancestor from the Mescalero Apache Indian Tribe who had blue eyes. Who knew? Yet, my eyes are still boring Brown.

Bailey loves hats. So, we went outside and took some pictures of her and her hats. I just love this one. She is a soulful person. Loving, caring, thoughtful, bratty (11 years old), giving and very warm. Her long black eyelashes accent those pretty eyes. I'm glad she has them.
~
click on the image to see her pretty eyes up close


Do you like the color of your eyes?

XO

No comments: