Monday, April 27, 2009

Making Stides for Breast Cancer 2009

What a gorgeous day to walk away cancer. A time to meet up with family and great friends. Unfortunately, it is also a time to cry, hug and remember. I am thankful for the bear hugs from my husband as I wrap a ribbon with my mom's name on it and tie it to the Cancer Dream Catcher as I cry. I am thankful for my girls who are still not too old to hold my hand and walk with me as I tell them that their Grandma Rose would have loved them to pieces. I am thankful for all the friends I met up with along the way giving me warm hugs and smiles. And, I am thankful for the few members of my family who still walk with me every year. We are soul mates in this terrible disease. Love you all...



The start of five miles of walking shoulder to shoulder with others fighting the same cause.



You always start and end under the pink arch.


Matt and Reina are always fun to meet up with.


Orville, Judy and Frank... dear friends who never hesitate to welcome us as family.

Some of my wonderful family.

Suzanne, Liz and I. Our mom's are sisters and both lost their battle with cancer. We are not just cousins, we are soul sisters in this cause. Love you guys.



Sorry it's sideways Liz. You have beautiful family.


Me and Liz.


This is Rosie... She is a family friend and was honored as Cancer Survivor of the year. I envy her passion and tenacity for life.

Come join us next year. XOXO

No comments: